Why choose Aventures Nord-Bec Stoneham ?
Always anxious to satisfy its customers, Aventures Nord Bec informs you of certain points making all the difference for the safety of the customers and the well-being of its dogs:
• The trails are cleared every evening and morning for an easy dog sleding experience.
• 1 guide taking care of 2 sleds. In this way it can intervene as quickly as possible in case of problem.
• A detailed course and safety instructions are given before each departure.
• We love our dogs and treat them like athletes, we train them gradually during the fall so
that they are ready to face the winter season.
• Our dogs are fed with a mixture of beef, pork, horse and chicken fats packaged in blocks already prepared by Etablissements Fortier et Frères, to which is added the Inukshuk dryfood specially designed for the working dogs that come from New Brunswick. (Everything is explained and shown during the visit of the kennel after the ride).
• Water for our dogs will eventually freeze so a warm soup is served several times a day ensuring a good hydration.
• Each dog cabin is cleaned at least twice a day so that the dogs are in a nice environment. Although part of the pack decides to lie outside, they all have a wooden niche in which we put straw for extra comfort.
What to know more? So don't wait! Come enjoy the winter and share our passion.
For safety reasons and optimal riding conditions, the maximum weight per sled must not exceed 400/450 lb. Dogsledding is a physical activity, we are located in the hills and have many trails that go uphill and downhill. A tutorial will be given in French or English before departing. Everybody taking part in the activity MUST understand one of these two languages because important safety instructions will be given. The clients are then in charge of driving their own sleds. A guide will be with them at all times if assistance is needed.
For safety reasons a guide only takes care of 2 sleds behind him. Drivers must be at least 13 years old and weigh 100lb. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
People with heart condition, severe asthma, pregnant women, people who underwent surgery in the last 6 months, injured people, children under 2 can not take part in this activity. Young children may have to sit on the passenger’s lap.
Available equipment for rent (boots, pants, jacket). For hygiene reasons, we do not rent hat or mittens. You can buy some at the shop.
Every client must wear a mask in the office and during the kennel tour.
No shuttle service.
We do not provide blankets for passengers. (You can bring your own).
Possibility of change without notice according to Public Health directives.